Homemade Christmas

So I have to admit, when my Aunt Anita, who is an artist and photographer  (check out her website) suggested that instead of buying a christmas gift for each other, we would make (meaning, you can give anything that you cooked, wrote, killed, painted, drew, glued, smoked, folded, built, brewed, etc.?) I wasn't exactly thrilled. 

Unlike the rest of my family (who can draw, paint, and brew beer). I have never been particularly crafty or naturally artistic, I have a history of failed pinterest projects and a high school art portfolio that stays hidden under my childhood bed. So homemade christmas was rather intimidating. 

While heading to a paint bar and gifting whatever I could manage to paint with an instructors help definitely crossed my mind, I pride myself in giving thoughtful gifts and knew I had to come up with something else. 

Thanks to @carly and her recent post about DIY embroidered cocktail napkins I am now more excited than ever to exchange Christmas gifts with my family.





  

With no embroidery experience and the help of YouTube I was able to make this set of four Montana inspired cocktail napkins for my cousin Carly. I'm so excited to give these to her and have been working on a set for my Mom and Grandma as well. (It's also a very relaxing hobby and a nice way to wind down after a long day). 

  


While I'm far from an expert let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to help! 

Elizabeth 

Comments